- Identify and understand your preferred way of resolving conflicts
- Understand conflicts and turn them into opportunities.
- Train yourself in using tools of assertiveness to find the best possible outcome for both parties.
- Avoid conflicts on a daily basis.
Anyone willing to improve his skills in preventing and handling conflicts
Conflicts; an overview
- Definition of a conflict; types and sources of conflict
- Conflict or opportunity?
- Anticipate conflicts; 3 levels of prevention
Conflict resolution, methods and behaviours
- First reactions and resolving methods; corresponding behaviours and viewpoints
- Advantages and disadvantages of the different methods and behaviours
- An effective method to resolve a conflict and come to a win-win solution
Manage a conflict with the assertiveness tools; practice
- Understand the conflict; take a step backwards; transform the conflict into an opportunity; set an objective (what do we want)
- Adopt the appropriate behaviour and use the assertiveness tools: DESC method, self-affirming language, coherence between verbal and non-verbal communication
- Synthesis: 20 key points for the best conflict management
- After the conflict: follow up on the adopted solution; adjust when needed
Avoid conflicts on a daily basis
- Watch over the quality of communication
- Dare to say things
- Use management tools