- Understand the mechanisms of communication and how it works.
- Avoid the pitfalls.
- Implement good communication practices.
- Identify your communication style.
Anyone wishing to better understand the communication in the broadest sense and improve its own communication.
Better understand communication
- Communication or information? Definition and functions of communication
- Communication scheme, complexity of the process
- A four-stage process; a specific goal
Avoid the pitfalls of communication
- Perception; interpretation; reference framework
- Transformation and loss of messages; communication funnel
- Other pitfalls of communication
- Define your communication objective(s); link with the needs / expectations of your interlocutors
- Collect information and design an effective message: content and shape
- Choose a suitable communication support; complementarity of the media
- Adapt to specific communication situations: public speaking, telephone communication, video conferencing, meeting…
Communicate in an effective manner
- Involve your interlocutors in your communication
- Check the good understanding of your communication; active listening and feedback
- Pay attention to all forms of communication: verbal, paralinguistic and non-verbal
- Communication and preferences: what we like to communicate and the elements we are looking for in communication