This training helps participants with a new method to manage lie and manipulation. After the training they’ll be able to:
- Know better deception practices and the reasons behind such a behaviour
- Have a personal approach to take a stand when facing lies
- Learn how to protect oneself against manipulation behaviour with proper communication techniques.
- Learn what to do to expose a liar
Anyone wishing to better manage lie and manipulation to which they could be exposed daily.
- Round table of deception situations that participants feel concerned about
- Nature of deception
- Influence, lie and manipulation
- Why is one’s lying to you and why specifically to you?
- How to identify a liar: stereotypes and real clues
- Pinpoint one’s own lies and their usefulness or worthlessness
The different types of lies and manipulation methods
- Different types of lies: lies of insignificant risk and of high risk
- Manipulators’ methods at work: different situations depending on the manipulator’s position, and their impacts on the work environment
Techniques to handle lie and manipulation
- Strategies to stay away from manipulators
- Protect oneself against manipulation upstream with a assertive behavior
- Clarify manipulators’ statements
- Experts’ techniques to expose a liar in an interview
Vices and virtues of sincerity
- Benefits and limitations of an honest behavior at work
- Take a position on lie and sincerity