Through a workshop typed training and a different and playful activity that is the Escape Hunt:
- Better apprehend the role of team leader and position yourself as such
- Develop leadership and management skills
- Effectively endorse the main managerial responsibilities
Today's and future team leaders
Be aware that this workshop typed training requires a participant number between 4 and 10.
Day 1 Morning
Escape Hunt activity (2 hours)
- Meeting point: Escape Hunt, 2 Place de Paris L-2314 Luxembourg
- Welcome and explanation of the rules of the game
- « Escape Hunt » game in teams of 5. Duration: 1 hour
- Coffee break at Escape Hunt
- Route to Key Job, 65 avenue de la Gare L-1611 Luxembourg
Note: The team or teams will be "observed" by the consultant via the Escape Hunt control screen. This practice will allow to make a factual rendition of the course of the games and the behavior of each team, of each within its team. If necessary, indices can be made in a fair way to both teams.
Debriefing of the Escape Hunt activity (1.5 hours)
- Feedback from participants: Collective (team) and individual experience
- What different visions are there of the same reality? Compatibilities to solve the investigation?
- What actions? Which behavior? Which feelings?
- Contributions from the consultant to draw parallels; link to leadership styles
- Links to the reality of the field and one’s role as team leader. How to transpose, use this experience in one’s daily manager?
Day 1 afternoon and day 2: 4 Training Workshops with:
- Exchanges, sharing of practical experiences and practices
- Facilitation and input of tools and materials by the consultant
- Elements addressed in connection with the experience of the morning of day 1
Workshop 1: The role of team leader (1.5 hours)
- Key role and skills of the team leader
- Both "Manager", "Leader" and quite often "Expert"
- Balance of these three hats on a daily basis
- Legitimacy and managerial exemplary
Workshop 2: Adapting your management style to your team (1.5 hours)
- Identifying the level of autonomy of one’s employees (skills– motivation mix)
- Reminder of the 4 main management styles
- Adapting your style to the amount of autonomy of the person (situational leadership), to the situation
- Discover one’s preferred management style
Workshop 3: Delegate effectively to make aware of responsibilities (3.5 hours)
- Prepare delegation well; transform a task into a “mission”
- Communicating your delegation in an efficient and motivating way
- Ensure quality monitoring, care for reporting
- Straighten out errors in a way that is constructive
Workshop 4: Motivating employees (3.5 hours)
- Identify the elements on which the manager can act to motivate his team
- Create favorable conditions to motivate employees; articulate individual and collective motivation
- Act concretely: depending on the interest and needs of the group of participants, 2-3 tools will be developed (SMART goals, positive quality feedback, cropping maintenance to make progress, active listening...)